Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snowy Thanksgiving

It has been a very busy week with work, weather and celebrations.  My parents came to celebrate Thanksgiving with us and got to experience our first big snowfall of the year.  It was a bit like a blizzard last Tuesday morning but cleared up by the afternoon.  The animals survived it well and Bea and Gretel discovered that they like to eat snow!  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of good food, good company and my parents were able to meet our muddy animals.


The other morning I went to feed the animals after work.  At the last minute, I decided to take them for a walk because the neighbor dog, Pepper, was at the fence, crying for a playdate with Bea and Gretel.  I opened the gate and off they ran.  They ran and ran and ran.  When it was time to have breakfast, they came back immediately (which is a big improvement as they had a period of major disobedience!).  Neighbor dog Pepper was sad to be left to play alone.



Suddenly, I noticed that Pepper seemed to be stalking something.  We have no shortage of random critters around here so I went to inspect her prey.  I was dismayed to find that Rambo was frozen in the middle of the road.  In an instand, Pepper was off and runnig after Rambo.  He ran straight up the telephone pole!  I spent half the morning trying to get Pepper out of our yard.  Unfortunately, I don't think this rivalry is over! Pepper certainly enjoys a good chase.  In other news, Rambo (now called Bo Bo) has warmed up enough (after indulging in large amounts of cap nip) to let Brian and I pet him. 

Bea and Gretel continue to grow (we think they are close to 75 lbs) and are sweet as ever! 



No comments:

Post a Comment